Friday, April 24, 2009

I know The Name Of This Blog Is "Coyote Calling Tips" But Would You Try Calling A Bobcat If I Told You Where To Find One?


I can't resist here to tell you a little bit about Bobcats. I love to call those critters too.

Any place I find a brush pile I am looking for Bobcat Sign. I know that here in Missouri bobcats can often be found in them. Above is a picture to give you an idea of what a bobcat footprint looks like. If you have any piles of brush in places you can hunt...check em out. See if you can find any tracks in the dirt around them.

Now when you are trying to call a bobcat, you are probably going to have to be a bit more patient calling. There have been times when I have called them in fairly quickly, but most times they come to the call much slower and more wary than coyotes. Remember bobcats just like house cats are stalking type hunters.

Think about a house cat. Have you ever seen a house cat when they are trying to sneak up on a bird? Bobcats are no different. They are stalkers.

I can't tell you the number of times I've been hunting only to see the hind end of a cat that busted me before I busted him. Which brings me to another point.

When you are calling bobcats you really have to pay very close attention and scan the area very closely. These sneaky little varmints can be setting there watching you and you don't even know it.

My favorite call for bobcats is the Primos Cat Nip Predator Call Just use it like you would any other distress call.

Hope this has been helpful for you. Get out there and get yourself a bobcat. Last season good cats with lots of spots on there underside were worth about $60 here in Missouri and I think the cats from further north where the fur is better brought a lot more.

No comments:

All Time Great Coyote Hunting Videos & Books

Coyote Calling Tips From Ezine Articles.com